Stevens Point farmers’ market worth the trip

No Comments on Stevens Point farmers’ market worth the trip

Last weekend, I ventured from Madison back to Stevens Point. While visiting, I took a stroll downtown Saturday morning to check out the local farmers’ market. I heard many people say that Stevens Point has a great one, so I figured I would take a look for myself!

When I first walked up, I thought maybe it was mostly for families. There was a bouncy house (possibly two?) and a bunch of activities for children. But once we started walking around, there were plenty of food stands and shopping areas that were great for any age. In fact, I would definitely encourage more students to pick up some fresh vegetables, jams and even bread at the farmers’ market. It’s a nice change from shopping at the grocery store. Plus, it’s a fun way to spend your Saturday morning!UW-Stevens Point blogger Chloe Wiersma with a chili dog at farmers market

Besides battling a minor cold, I had a great time. I would definitely go again, not only for the fresh food, but to grab lunch at one of the many stands. There was food everywhere and a wide variety of it, too. There were brats, hamburgers, egg rolls and spring rolls. It was hard to walk past the stands and not want to buy something. Of course, I couldn’t leave the market unless I had a super messy (and delicious) chilly cheese dog!

If you’re interested in going to the farmers’ market (and you should go!), its website suggests going between 8 a.m. and noon. This way you’ll be sure to find what you’re looking for before the vendors sell out. If you’re not in the Stevens Point area this summer, no worries! The farmers market usually runs through October.

UW-Stevens Point blogger Chloe Wiersma is a communication major with a public relations emphasis and a business administration minor from Beaver Dam, Wis.

UW-Stevens Point student blog farmers market
Facebooktwitterlinkedinmail