Visiting family

Posted by Weichel, Justin A - October 31, 2011 - Justin W., Students

I’m sure most students miss their family to some extent. Especially if they only see their family a few times a year. I think many students would like to see their family more often, but unfortunately many things keep students from doing so.

For the past two years, I saw my family only a few days during winter, spring and summer break. I often had other priorities over family which included school, work, friends, self-development and my girlfriend. I was very close to my younger siblings in high school, so it was really difficult not seeing them as much. I often look at pictures, and think about them.

For the academic year of 2010-11, I did not have a very long break. I took a winterim class and eight credits during the summer. I tried to see my family when I had a few days off. A few days during the summer, I had my younger siblings stay with me in Stevens Point. I took them bowling, to movies, horseback riding, and for walks through the Green Circle. I always felt sad when they had to leave.

When my summer came to an end, I made a commitment to myself. The commitment was to see my younger siblings and my parents at least twice a month. During this semester, I had my younger siblings with me during Homecoming weekend. We had a great time together. We went bowling, saw the Lion King in 3D and spent time together as a family. We were also on television that weekend. I took them to the Central Wisconsin Children’s Museum and a reporter from a news station recorded us.

I hope everyone gets a chance to spend some quality time with their family during the school year. It can be difficult to make the time, but you might find it rewarding.

Share Our Post

Share this posts through social bookmarks.

• Delicious
  • Digg
  • Newsvine
  • RSS
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter