Leaving on a Jet Plane

Posted by Melby, Brittany J - May 6, 2013 - Brittany, Featured, Students, Study Abroad

The Louvre, Paris, France

As a campus ambassador (or tour guide) for the past few years for UW-Stevens Point, I often get the questions, “Is there anything you regret not doing while being a college student?” When I was first asked this question, I will admit that I was stumped, so I turned to my classmates and friends for their responses.

And the number one most popular response to this question was:

—Drum roll please… —

“I wish I would have studied abroad!”

Thankfully, I did not have this regret as I had the opportunity to study abroad for a three-week, three-credit art, architecture, and design program. Through this program, we traveled throughout England on a coach bus viewing all of the amazing and historical buildings. Not only this, but we were also allowed to have 3-4 days off for independent study. So what better way to spend this time than to travel with a group of friends to Paris, France!

Before coming to college, I had never traveled outside of the US, but through the above trip along with mission trips to Panama, Turkey, and Africa through Peace Lutheran Campus Center, I have definitely caught the travel bug. So my advice to you is to travel outside of your comfort zone. These were incredible experiences for me that I will never forget, and I can only hope that someday you will be able to travel the world with a sense of adventure and wonder as well.

Panama Mission Trip

The London Eye

Mona Lisa

Eiffel Tower

Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France

Stonehenge, England

Share Our Post

Share this posts through social bookmarks.

• Delicious
  • Digg
  • Newsvine
  • RSS
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter