Leaving on a Jet Plane

Posted by Melby, Brittany J - May 6, 2013 - Brittany, Featured, Students, Study Abroad

Brittany-Louvre

The Louvre, Paris, France

As a campus ambassador (or tour guide) for the past few years for UW-Stevens Point, I often get the questions, “Is there anything you regret not doing while being a college student?” When I was first asked this question, I will admit that I was stumped, so I turned to my classmates and friends for their responses.

And the number one most popular response to this question was:

—Drum roll please… —

“I wish I would have studied abroad!”

Thankfully, I did not have this regret as I had the opportunity to study abroad for a three-week, three-credit art, architecture, and design program. Through this program, we traveled throughout England on a coach bus viewing all of the amazing and historical buildings. Not only this, but we were also allowed to have 3-4 days off for independent study. So what better way to spend this time than to travel with a group of friends to Paris, France!

Before coming to college, I had never traveled outside of the US, but through the above trip along with mission trips to Panama, Turkey, and Africa through Peace Lutheran Campus Center, I have definitely caught the travel bug. So my advice to you is to travel outside of your comfort zone. These were incredible experiences for me that I will never forget, and I can only hope that someday you will be able to travel the world with a sense of adventure and wonder as well.

Brittany-Panama-Kids

Panama Mission Trip

Brittany-LondonEye

The London Eye

Brittany-MonaLIsa

Mona Lisa

Brittany-Eiffel

Eiffel Tower

Brittany-NotreDame

Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France

Brittany-Stonehenge

Stonehenge, England

Share Our Post

Share this posts through social bookmarks.

• Delicious
  • Digg
  • Newsvine
  • RSS
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter