Alexia’s final thoughts

Comments Off on Alexia’s final thoughts
alexialondon20150815c
My boyfriend and I exploring the Scottish Highlands

Hola Chicos!

Hello from the United States of America! I am finally back in Wisconsin, and this time it’s for good. Although my time abroad has come to an end, I am incredibly excited to be home and begin the next chapter in my life.

So, what is next for Alexia? That is a question that I myself have been contemplating and although I am not 100 percent sure what is in store for the future, I am incredibly excited.

alexialondon20150815d
I’m missing London already.

On Sept. 18 I will give my last presentation and turn in my last assignment as an undergrad at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. It’s incredibly bittersweet, and sometimes I wish I wasn’t finished with my time in school. My final assignment includes a company analysis and precession about my internship and time in London. I can’t wait to share my experiences with other interns and students from UW-Stevens Point. I think it will be a very fitting conclusion to my time as an undergrad at UWSP.

alexialondon20150815e
My boyfriend and I back in Madison.
alexialondon20150815b
My sister and I at the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.

Upon returning to the States I moved to Madison, to be closer again to my family and in hopes of having more job opportunities. I am currently in the job hunt and I am waiting to hear back from several promising positions. Although it would have been nice to have a job lined up before graduation, I am enjoying this time off and the thrill of not knowing exactly what lies ahead. My whole life has been planned out and I never really was unsure of the future, now I get to experience that feeling and along the way find a career that is right for me.

UWSP and the Stevens Point community will forever have a place in my heart, and I know I will visit often. I would highly recommend anyone, new high school grad or nontraditional student, to explore UW-Stevens Point and see if it’s right for you. I could not be happier with the education I received while at Point, and the great experiences I had along the way. I could go on and on about how much I have loved the last four years and I could write a whole essay on advice that I would give to future Pointers, but really I think I just comes down to being yourself and following your dreams. It sounds cheesy but you have to do what you want and enjoy the time you have while in school.

Thank you everyone for reading my posts over the last two and a half years, I’ve really had a great time writing them and I feel honored to be apart of a great university. I wish everyone the best of luck this semester and with their futures! Go Pointers!

Hasta Luego,
Alexia

Alexia Szabo, a senior majoring in economics, Spanish and international studies at UW-Stevens Point, is blogging about her study abroad experience in London.