Meet new blogger, communication major Alyssa

No Comments on Meet new blogger, communication major Alyssa

Alyssa Deem (second from right) is the newest writer at blog.uwsp.edu

Hi everyone!

My name is Alyssa and I will soon be starting my junior year at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. I am from the Chicago suburbs and I love to be active. I have been involved in sports my whole life, mainly volleyball. I come from a close-knit, loving and overly sarcastic family that I wouldn’t trade for the world.image1jpg

I chose UW-Stevens Point because of the great communicative disorders program and to play volleyball. Currently, I am no longer involved in either of those programs, but that’s the great part about UW-Stevens Point. Even though I am no longer doing what I came to do, the amazing people I met, the professor-to-student ratio, the community feel and the supportive advisers made the transition into a new major and taking on a campus job almost effortless and completely worth it.

I am now a communication major and have thoroughly enjoyed the new classes, professors and students I have met along the way. I chose to change to communication because I have always felt comfortable with speaking, writing and working with people. It is also a very broad and open major, allowing students like me, who have not decided what kind of career they want to pursue, to take their time and explore the possibilities.

I was very pleased with the way UW-Stevens Point accommodated my needs, has allowed me to grow as a person and make my transition as smooth as possible.

I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you.

-Alyssa

Alyssa Deem is a communication major from Lake in the Hills, Ill.