Seeing supports and slices

Comments Off on Seeing supports and slices

It is a relief to be able to see the supports and slices in Cura. Just choosing different views does the trick. I am hoping that choosing a raft and supports everywhere will allow me to print knots. I don’t know how often to clean the glue off the build plate, so I’ll probably try that tomorrow. Today (before finding out about the views in Cura) I got a nice print of a solid tetrahedron for my future Calculus III classes. It is from dennedesigns in Thingiverse. With its solid base, it didn’t have any problems printing. There were some bumps on one of the sides (the slanted one), but the base and two vertical sides have very nice quality. I love having the equations etched into the faces!

tetra-1tetra-2tetra-3

I also saw a need and came up with my own design for it tonight. That was exciting. I was wishing for an SD card holder now that I am carrying them between home and work so much. I saw some in Thingiverse, but they looked like they required more skill in printing then I have right now, so I created my own super basic one in Tinkercad! I look forward to trying it out tomorrow.