Check Your Email!

No Comments on Check Your Email!

By: Haley Sternitzky, University Communications and Marketing Intern

When you attend college you may wonder how you can succeed! One way you to ensure success is by to checking your UW-Stevens Point email. What is your email used for? Here are some ways that I use my email to help keep me on top of things:

1. Class Information
    1. The nice thing about Outlook is that you can connect it to Canvas, the student learning platform. If your teacher posts a reminder about a due date or an announcement about a canceled class, it can go straight to your email making it easier to stay up-to-date.
  2. Campus Information
    1. Campus announcements are sent to students every day via email. Campus Announcements provide your student with general information and links to events going on around campus. This helps your student stay involved and informed on the opportunities they have at UWSP.
  3. Adviser Information
    1. Another type of announcement I receive is emails from my academic adviser. I will either receive reminders about when a tuition bill is due or about student resources around campus. Having your student stay connected to their adviser is the best way for your student to get the help they need during their college experience.
  4. Staying Organized
    1. Outlook will keep your student organized with the calendar feature. You can create “events” that will remind you when you have something going on. I use this feature to alert me when I have class, work, events, organization meetings and more. Setting a reminder two hours before my class starts allows me stay on track during the busy week. I even have the Outlook app on my phone, so the reminder is on multiple devices.

These are just a few reasons why looking at and using your emails is so important. I would recommend you check your email at least once a day.