A Letter of Thanks From a Soon-To-Be Grad

No Comments on A Letter of Thanks From a Soon-To-Be Grad
As Commencement approaches, I have started to reflect on my time at UW-Stevens Point.

I am excited to see what my future holds, but I have also had a great time here. There have been many people who have helped me become the person I am, and I am incredibly thankful. Throughout my time at UW-Stevens Point, three great groups have helped me along the way:

1. Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)

When I first heard of PRSSA, I did not think that it could be an organization I would grow to love so much. The people I’ve met and the things I have learned have taught me more than I would have imagined. Touring public relations organizations, learning from professionals on a weekly basis and making many different connections have all been great opportunities to grow. Networking and getting to know other members was the best part. I cannot thank the people I met and worked with enough!

2. University Relations and Communications (URC) Staff Members

After I transferred to UW-Stevens Point, I wasn’t sure what was going to happen. When a friend told me about an assistant events coordinator position opening on campus, I knew it was something I wanted to try. I am so happy I did! Brittany Kaminski and Jordan Eckendorf, my supervisors, have helped shape me into the professional I have become today. The URC office has become my second family, and I have been so blessed to work with such amazing co-workers.

3. Family

No one has supported me more than my family. Through all the moments, the stressful ones and extraordinary ones, they were there for it all. I would not be where I am today if it was not for all they have done for me. I am extremely grateful for their endless support.

I am excited to see what my future holds and grateful for the people who have helped me get to this point.

MJ

Congrats to my fellow Pointer grads and the class of 2017! Good luck to you in your next journey, but remember UW-Stevens Point and those who have supported and encouraged you along the way.