The ROTC JFTX – A civilian’s perspective

Comments Off on The ROTC JFTX – A civilian’s perspective
Participants at the fall FTX were challenged by the Army Confidence Course, testing them both physically and mentally.

The ROTC Joint Field Training Exercise (JFTX) is an opportunity for students to experience what the Army does without any obligation. Freshmen and sophomores taking Military Science 101 and 201 attend this exciting training experience. The following is a firsthand account of the experience from freshman Kayla Griffey.

My experience at the FTX was an experience like no other. I was skeptical at first about how the weekend would turn out, but in the end it was an event that I will never forget. The weekend was fun, exciting, full of interesting adventure, and different than anything I had ever done. I was able to meet new people and create new friendships; become closer to the people that I have met in my Military Science class; learn more about the ROTC program; and have hands-on experience of what it’s like to be a cadet in ROTC. The Army experience is possibly something I would like to fulfill due to my time at the FTX. Thanks for the great experience and all of the information and detailed safety briefs that we were presented.

-Kayla Griffey