Running out of time

Comments Off on Running out of time
BrittanyBeach201301  Welcome back as we begin a new year and turn over a new leaf in 2013! My final semester here at UW-Stevens Point has just begun, and there is a bittersweet feeling in my heart. I realized that I am ready to be done with school, but am not ready to let go of the strong friendships/relationships that have been created these past few years. Therefore, I knew that I needed to take advantage of the time I had with the people I care about most and make the most of my last few months in Stevens Point.

Brittany-Winter-PictureWith the ringing in of a new year came plenty of snow and some extremely low temperatures. Yet, this winter weather did not deter me from finding entertaining things to do in this area to check off my bucket list. Some ideas that have kept me active during the winter months are tubing down the Sylvan hills in Wausau, sledding and ice skating at Iverson Park, playing broomball on the ice, and making snow angels in the fresh, powdery snow. Besides these, over winter break I kept busy by visiting the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee and the Rotary Lights display in Marshfield, learning to grill with my dad, ringing bells for the Salvation Army, making my first gingerbread house with my roommates, watching a Packers game at the Metrodome, and traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands for a quality time trip with my mom.

It was an eventful break as there is always something to do in this area, but now it is time to put the nose to the grind stone and finish strong for my final semester of school. However, before I go, I would like to leave you with something to ponder…

…I wonder if the clothes in China say, “Made around the corner.”

Brittany

Brittany-Harley-Davidson-motorcycle

Brittany-Packer-Picture
BrittanyGingerbread-house
Brittany-Grilling-with-Dad
Brittany-US-Virgin-Islands

-Brittany

Brittany Melby is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point majoring in business administration and interior architecture.