HPW Internship: Elite Sports Club
Overall Goal of internship
At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how Elite Sports Club provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create promotional and marketing projects to increase participation or sales. The organizational experiences will allow for some supervision of an event, small budget experiences, in-service training, and shadowing of the internship supervisor. The intern will work with and be supervised by the Elite Sports Club on-site internship supervisor, Susie Montross. The intern will complete experiences as outlined by the following specific objectives and be evaluated on his/her performance in each of these areas.
The student will complete 3-4 resume-building experiences from the categories below. Specific projects and outcomes may be added as addendum to this plan within the first 2 weeks of being on-site. Significant changes to the Objectives will be mutually agreed upon by the Internship site supervisor, the student intern, and the UWSP internship supervisor and documentation of these changes will be sent to the UWSP internship supervisor.
- Develop a progressive client specific workout for dumbbell training, medicine ball training, kettle bells, stability ball training, torque machines, and functional training.
- Create and host a one day event or group training program at fitness club.
- Observe at least 10 sessions with an experienced trainer(6 different trainers).
- Perform 3 training sessions on 3 individuals.
- Perform body composition tests on at least 5 staff members.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Meet and introduce myself to 20 different members every four weeks.
- Participate in role playing session focused on creating membership magnetism.
- Learn how to market myself as a trainer.
- Organizational Experiences:
- Work with supervisor to perform equipment orientations.
- Attend biweekly personal trainer meetings.
Internship Coordinator and Personal Trainer
13825 W Burleigh Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005
Mon-Thurs 8 am-2 pm, Every other Friday-Sun 12-8 pm
$500 per month
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Jose Aquirre, Fall 2015 (pictured above)