When Netflix doesn’t cut it

Comments Off on When Netflix doesn’t cut it
sarahcoloring201601

Welcome back everybody! I hope that all of you had a wonderful winter break and that you are ready to take on this new semester. I got to stay here and work with the Pointers women’s basketball team as the athletic trainer, and I had a problem. I would come home, park my butt on the couch, and turn on Netflix. EVERY. DAY. Granted, I would do stuff while I was on the couch (job applications, reviewing anatomy and evaluations and studying for my certification exam); I still was just on the couch.

So, further into break I had a light-bulb moment. Sure, Netflix is awesome, but what if I did something that wasn’t Netflix? Crazy right?!

Not crazy actually, at the time I was more like “Oh my goodness Sarah you genius!” So I did some research, and by research I mean that I sat on Pinterest for two hours looking for ideas and these are some that I came up with for doing things when Netflix just isn’t enough.

Are you ready? Here goes:

• Find a coloring page that is interesting and color! Or if you’re like me, get an awesome coloring book and do a page a day.
  • Look on Pinterest for a recipe or a craft and make that your project.
  • Read a chapter in a book that you’ve been meaning to start. Or if you’re feeling really ambitious, read the ENTIRE thing!
  • Find an at-home work out that you think is cool and, in the words of Nike, JUST DO IT!
  • Re-organize your room, clean it, or both!
  • Go for a walk, run, bike ride, etc.
  • Call someone you haven’t heard from in a long time and catch up.
  • Have a spa day, or dedicate your day to complete relaxation.
  • Start a journal or write a short (or long) story.
  • Go to Starbucks or a café and people watch.
  • Create a bucket list or a list of places that you want to travel

Or … my absolute favorite for being home alone (drum roll please)…

Crank up your favorite music and DANCE PARTY!

Hopefully these help you guys like they helped me. Now, these are only some ideas, you may find something else that is interesting to you. So, I wish you all luck in finding something new to do!

-Sarah

Sarah Pettit is a senior majoring in athletic training at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.