HPW Internship: J.J. Keller and Associates
HPW Student Internship Experience – Jon Pahl 15′
Interning at J. J. Keller and Associates, has really made a difference in my life. I have found many new strategies to get to people and have learned a lot of different information. From taking over the ergonomic side of things for the whole company to working with clients one on one for training purposes. The BIG K has shown me a vast wellness program where they try to incorporate the whole company. Working with ergonomics has shown how important of a role you have in the company. This is an increasing role in corporate America which a lot of companies hire out, if you are able to take this under your belt, this could mean more job security. I was also a huge part in generating the health assessments at J. J. Keller as well. From marketing HRA’s in early June to finally completing them in mid-August. Structuring them and responding to questions has really helped me in learning how to deal with associates in different situations and helped to enhance my writing skills. Another task that I was assigned that will help me in future endeavors was working and changing the LIFE Wellness Site through K-LINE. Furthermore, working at the Big K, has really taught me that working in a corporate setting is not always a bad thing. From going to meeting with the CEO and Chairman of the company, to working with people in the manufacturing associates. People here at J. J. Keller, have adopted the wellness culture and it really shows. Though some complain about participating in HRA’s, they truly do
appreciate all of the events that the Wellness Team puts on. From learning about all of the dimensions of wellness, to incorporating them into your life, the most meaningful thing that you can do is try to help others explore the 7 dimensions in their life. I feel like I have been doing this the last three months at J. J. Keller and look to keep doing it in the future.
- Behavior change facilitation:
- Implement Personal Training Referral Program (an extension of the Health Coaching Program) based on 2014 pilot program results.
- Work with current vendor and market, develop, implement, and evaluate 5-week Mindfulness Pilot program.
- Promotion Experiences:
- Planning, marketing and implementation of the annual health assessments
- Coordinate at least one Midday Motivator presentation on an approved topic
- Develop Midday Motivator K-LIFE Points Quizzes for each month
- Wellness champion program marketing and summaries of winners.
- K-LIFE Wellness Points 2016 marketing
- Assist with marketing and development of promotional material for all current wellness programs through posters, the company life/wellness website, Facebook, and company-wide news and/or emails
- Administrative/organizational Project Experience:
- Conduct at least three group fitness center orientations per month
- Provide basic office ergonomic evaluations for new hires
- Develop and write monthly health tip and recipe for LIFE News and Facebook distribution
- Provide monthly interaction with the Weight Watchers @ Work participants and leaders
- Assist with community walk/run corporate challenges
- Annual budgeting and planning
Health and Wellness Manager
3003 Breezewood Lane Neenah, WI 54956
40 hours per week
$10.10 per hour
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Jonathan Pahl, Summer 2015