HPW Internship: It’s Time Texas
HPW Student Internship Experience – Alecia Ahrens Spring 17′
During my time at ITT, I was given many opportunities to interact with the community of Austin. I attended expos, taught after-school programs, and coordinated Choose Healthier Street Team. At the expos, I promoted It’s Time Texas and the health benefitting resources it provides for the community. As an instructor for the Teach Healthier after-school program, I implemented nutrition and physical activity lessons for children of Brown Allan Elementary and surrounding Austin ISD schools.
- Encourage community involvement for making healthy choices through the Choose Healthier app.
- Assist in expanding the organization to new areas (ie: San Antonio).
- Create connections between the community and healthy behavior opportunities.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Contribute in the creation and implementation of marketing techniques.
- Promote choose healthier app through events and street team.
- Conduct market research.
- Organizational Experiences:
- Attend weekly programs team meeting.
- Learn the components of the Choose Healthier app, and how to update it.
- Observe and become familiar with the operations of a nonprofit organization.
Community Programs Coordinator
911 W Anderson Ln #212
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 533-9555 x 313
At least 400 hours total
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Alecia Ahrens, Spring 2017