HPW Internship: Cascade Infectious Diseases and Infusion, LLC
HPW Student Internship Experience – Julia Farley Fall 17′
Interning at Cascade I.D. & Infusions was a great learning experience for me that provided me with many opportunities to utilize and improve upon my professional and personal skills. I worked specifically in the infectious disease portion of the clinic with other medical professionals by primarily working one-on-one with patients to help educate them about their disease, track and monitor progress, and help motivate them to a happier, healthier lifestyle. While working to encourage patients, I also would simultaneously perform medical assistant procedures such as attain accurate vitals and patient history, clean wounds, change and apply wound dressings, draw blood, perform first aid like duties, and finally document medical information to the patient’s chart and to other staff members. In addition to patient care, I would also provide a fun, healthy, and stress free environment for all staff members by creating and implementing health and wellness related programs and activities within the workplace. Overall, my experience at my internship was incredible. I loved having the opportunity to see and treat a variety of different diseases and to work with so many unique individuals each and every single day to help them accomplish their personalized goals. Also, I couldn’t have asked for a better team of coworkers because everyone was always so helpful and encouraging. I couldn’t have done it without them!
- Working with patients one on one and watch the progress of their infections get better over time of their course of therapy while at Cascade ID & Infusion
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Work as a team with other staff to help promote and implement healthy lifestyle choices to help combat and cease progression of a patient’s chronic disease.
- Organizational Experiences:
- Room patients and take vital signs, pull labs or chart notes off of epic, write orders, communicate with other referring offices, refer patients to other specialty offices, etc.
2720 Commercial St SE,
Suite # 201 Salem, OR 97302
40 hours per week, at least 400 hours total; 8 hours/day for 5 days a week OR 10 hours/day for 4 days a week
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Julia Farley, Fall 2017 (pictured above)