HPW Internship: Healthy Achievers
Overall Goal of Internship
Upon completion of this internship, the intern will gain knowledge and experience with Healthy Achievers. The intern will acquire knowledge in three main areas: behavior change facilitation, organizational, and promotion & marketing. The intern will make useful contributions to Healthy Achievers with corporate clients at various locations across the U.S.
- Behavior Change:
- Demonstrate ability to educate individuals and groups on various health-related topics.
- Assist clients to identify, prioritize, and access appropriate health education programs based on health risk date and organization goals and objectives.
- Provide onsite behavior change coaching with at least one individual once a week.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Participate in the business aspects of scheduling, organizing, and conducting health fairs.
- Learn to orchestrate immunization clinics.
- Help review educational materials and/or presentations.
- Participate in organizational strategic planning, development of program policies and procedures, and other business management.
- Learn how to perform and interpret results of various health screenings including blood pressure, body composition, cholesterol, and glucose.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures of HP biometric screening programs.
Angie Pescosolido and Debbie Lussier
HP Coordinator and Program Director
280 Heritage Avenue, Unit J
Portsmouth, NH 03801
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday (off Fridays); flex schedule one day per week for A New Me program attendance until 6:30 p.m.; minimal travel
$10.00 per hour
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Kathryn Holoubek (pictured above)