HPW Internship: Wellness Council of WI
Overall Goal of Internship
The intern will gain experience in the development and implementation of wellness programs and activities for employees in behavior change, organizational procedures, and promotional/marketing techniques. The intern agrees to follow all employee guidelines and duties determined by the site supervisor.
- Assist staff with Well Workplace Workshops and Learning Circles on workplace wellness
- Assist in National Employee Health and Fitness Day
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Learn marketing and sales techniques for promoting programs, products, and membership to businesses with an interest in health promotion at the worksite.
- Assist in coordinating enhancement and routine maintenance of the Wellness Council’s website.
- Aid in maintaining regular communication with the Wellness Council’s national organization, Wellness Councils of America, regarding membership, new products, and other issues as required.
- Assist in the provision of services to existing members including responding to requests for information.
- Prepare and distribute mailings and site visits to selected employers.
Director of Operations
1442 North Farwell Avenue Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI 53202
30 to 40 hours per week for 12 weeks; 400 hours minimum
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Amy Nuelk, 2009 (pictured above)