HPW Internship: PopSpring Wellness
HPW Internship: Student Perspective
During my time at PopSpring Wellness I gained major insight about the business side of wellness.
Specifically, I was able to learn a lot about employee wellness. PopSpring Wellness is a very unique company because it has all the tools of an employee wellness vendor combined with the tools from a health insurance agency, making it vastly different than any other health vendors in the nation! During my time interning I developed monthly newsletters, created many health challenges, and kick started the social media campaign. I learned a lot about what it means to be a professional in the business world through observing co-workers and communicating with many clients. Overall it was a great experience because I learned so much about a side of wellness that I knew very little about before my internship began.
- Behavior Change:
- Construct new wellness challenges and enhance existing wellness challenges for PopSpring clients.
- Assist with annual wellness planning/programming for PopSpring clients.
- Assess success of program by group participation numbers and reassess how it could be improved
- Assess and reassess clients’ knowledge of the presented program topics with a quiz
- Assist in ways to help develop programming for different client cultures that can be challenging to reach (i.e. shift workers (white and blue collar), manufacturing based employers, male based populations, etc.).
- Develop simple yet meaningful.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Use company guidelines in researching and finding topics and information for monthly wellness newsletters and ongoing educational pieces for clients.
- Assist with a monthly wellness newsletter for PopSpring clients.
- Select and plan around a monthly wellness “focus” (exercise, stress, nutrition, etc).
- Organizational Experiences:
- Work with corporate managers to organize and schedule on-site events (screenings, programs, health coaching, etc).
- Be proactive in suggesting and/or developing internal workflow processes and documents.
- Develop/update normative and reporting data used to report the progress of the wellness program with a client.
- Assist in analyzing an ROI of an existing company program.
Director, Account Management
975 Indianhead Drive
Mosinee, WI 54455
Flexible but assuming 10 weeks at 40 hours/week for at least 400 total hours
$3,000 total ($1,500 half way through the internship and $1,500 at the conclusion)
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Luke Van Handel, Spring 2014 (pictured above)