Navigating the ICU: Nurses reflect on the struggles of working on the frontlines of the pandemic

Comments Off on Navigating the ICU: Nurses reflect on the struggles of working on the frontlines of the pandemic
Treazure Kotlowski
Treazure Kotlowski
Treazure Kotlowski works in the ICA at SSM Health St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo

Hospital workers have been working long, stressful hours to provide care to COVID-19 patients. 

The last two years haven’t been easy for SSM Health nurses working at local hospitals. UW-Stevens Point RN to BSN student Treazure Kotlowski is a registered nurse working at SSM Health St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo.

She says she’ll never forget the day she first heard of the Coronavirus.

“I had an inkling that COVID was going to be around for a long time, shortly after we learned that it was here,” said Kotlowski.

“The first confirmed COVID case that I took care of was a little bit of an eerie feeling just because I was scared to take it home to my family,” said Kotlowski.

“To see that patient go through something really, you know, intense and then have the strength to pull through and get back home to live their best life is really that’s what it’s all about,” said Kotlowski.

“It’ll be a time that I’ll probably look back on and appreciate the resilience that I’ve learned to have both for myself and to inspire into my co workers,” said Kotlowski.

Watch full story on WKOW