The super powers of a bike

Comments Off on The super powers of a bike

If I could have any super powers, I would want to be able to teleport. Just imagine the things I can accomplish with the time having to drive somewhere and find parking, not to mention avoiding those parking tickets. I also wouldn’t have to worry about leaving extra early to walk there. Well, since I don’t have super powers, the next best thing is a bike.

Ever since I rented my bike through the UWSP Student Government Association Bike Rental Program, I haven’t been rushing quite as much. I live within walking distance from campus but having a bike has cut my time to and from campus in half. Not to mention, the bike rental was free!

As great as it is, I did have a small misfortune. You see, the bike I have, which was the smallest available one at the time, is still slightly too big for me. With my toes barely touching the ground, I had a humiliating event of falling off my bike stopping at an interception. But at least I know the brakes work, and my co-worker was able to get a laugh out of it.

Now, if only super powers existed to get some bike lanes around campus. Or perhaps they do…

-Song

Song Xiong is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point majoring in dietetics and communication.