How to Dress for Success
Students preparing to enter the work force listened to a special presentation by nationally-known speaker Lynnette Hulgan of Essential Details, LLC. She discussed what to wear to interviews and how to make a great first impression.
Hulgan also gave UWSP students tips on the following:
- What to wear to a business interview, corporate function and social engagement … on the same day!
- What does “business casual” mean?
- What is corporate culture?
- What to wear when you don’t know what to wear.
- Appropriate greetings and introductions for a great first impression.
- Secrets to networking and being remembered!
- Conversation killers: the things you should never, ever, EVER talk about!
- Proper use of technology (email, telephone, and wireless devices) in the work place.
- How and when to properly pass a business card.
The mission of UWSP Career Services is to provide comprehensive career/life planning and job search services linking education and the world of work for UWSP students and alumni.