HPW Internship: UW-Stevens Point Strength and Conditioning
HPW Student Internship Experience – Alex Richards 16′
Interning with the UW-Stevens Point athletic teams was a great first hand experience working with a variety of athletes. I was granted full responsibility of designing and implementing the spring training programs for Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, and Women’s Volleyball. I directed and coached all training sessions by myself. I was provided several opportunities to improve my coaching and communication skills by leading large groups of athletes through their various strength, speed, and agility exercises.
- Assist in developing Strength & Conditioning Programs for Men’s Basketball, Women’s Soccer, Volleyball, Football, Softball, and Men’s Hockey.
- Assist in coaching and leading teams through their weekly workouts.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Provide athletes will flyers/handouts on various sports nutrition topics.
- Promote the importance of adequate nutrition and the impact it has on game performance.
- Organizational Experiences:
- Work with supervisor to organize weight room schedule.
- Work with supervisor on updating athletic budgets.
- Attend athletic department meetings, parent meetings, and staff meetings with supervisor.
Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
UW-Stevens Point Athletics
2050 Fourth Avenue
Stevens Point, WI 54481
30 hours per week
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Alex Richard, Spring 2016 (pictured above)
- Tiffany Tushkowski, Spring 2018
- Taylor Walkington, Spring 2018