HPW Internship: Adventure 212
Overall Goal of Internship
The intern will gain knowledge and experience working with Adventure 212° and their corporate partners throughout central Wisconsin. The intern will follow all employee and facility guidelines determined by the site supervisor. The intern will acquire knowledge in the three main areas: behavior change facilitation, organizational, and promotion and marketing. The intern will make useful contributions to Adventure 212°.
- Design and facilitate exercise programs for populations that are new to exercise and possibly very unfit.
- Offer assistance to Adventure 212˚ members with effective use of the exercise equipment and make recommendations for supplemental exercises.
- Observe and participate in one-on-one coaching sessions for employees of the corporate partners of Adventure 212˚.
- Assist in at least two group activities such as group fitness and/or smoking cessation.
- One-on-one with a minimum of 4 members to do a new member assessment.
- Develop a personalized exercise program and provide health coaching for a minimum of 8– 12 weeks and then re-assess.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Assist with marketing Adventure 212˚ resources at various external and internal events.
- Provide monthly article for the Adventure 212˚ newsletter.
- Create informational packets for members and clients based to augment current programs and services.
- Assist in the promotion of corporate wellness programs.
- Assist in developing an Adventure 212˚ corporate service brochure.
- Maintain and post all web materials for corporate wellness programs.
- Maintain accurate client data while adhering to HIPPA guidelines.
- Update and maintain all athletic workouts using Microsoft Excel.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Assist with managing resources (presenters, additional staff needed for biometric screenings) to provide exceptional service for corporate clients.
- Attending outside committee meetings with multiple department managers from Adventure 212˚. (i.e. Bariatric Program, Portage County CAN, Walk Wisconsin)
- Meet with Wellness Committee to brainstorm training opportunities, and keep them on track with implementation.
- Review, design and make suggestions for improving corporate wellness programs.
Sarah Agena, MS, RD
Corporate Wellness Manager
3217 John Joanis Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
(715) 343-0212 ext 215
40 hours/week (maximum of 400 hours)
$900.00-$1200.00 depending on experience.
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Brittany Polzin, Fall 2010 (pictured above)
- Brandon Marx, Spring 2014
- Bridget Daly, 2009