HPW Internship: My Yoga Online
Overall Goal of Internship
At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how My Yoga Online provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create promotional and marketing projects to increase participation or sales. The organizational experiences will allow for some supervision of an event, small budget experiences, in-service training, and shadowing of the internship supervisor. The intern will work with and be supervised by My Yoga Online on-site internship supervisor, Michelle Trantina. The intern will complete experiences as outlined by the following specific objectives and be evaluated on his/her performance in each of these areas.
The student will complete 3-4 resume-building experiences from the categories below. Specific projects and outcomes will be added as addendum to this plan within the first 2 weeks of being on-site. A copy will be submitted to the internship advisor at the end of the internship.
- Behavior Change:
- Teach staff yoga classes.
- Assist with yoga community outreach.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Help with Booth at Yoga Conference/Festivals.
- Assist marketing team with idea meetings and campaign
- Help to prep marketing materials.
- Help to sort and itemize promotional materials (Example: T-Shirts and booth logistics for festivals/conferences).
- Production Assistant on Yoga Shoots.
- Help with sorting/naming yoga images when needed.
- Help with video tagging, and filing-organizing video meta-data.
- Editorial Assistant: help with reviewing, editing, and writing yoga and wellness articles.
12 weeks, 30-40+ hours/week for at least 400 hours total
$800/month (Housing Expenses)
UW-Stevens Point Students Who Completed Internship
- Matt Cooke, Summer 2013 (pictured above)