Category Archives: Community

HPW Internship: North Central Area Congregations Organized to Make an Impact (NAOMI)

Comments Off on HPW Internship: North Central Area Congregations Organized to Make an Impact (NAOMI)

HPW Student Internship Experience – Alec Priewe Spring 17′ Working with NAOMI as a Community Organizer Intern was a unique and insightful experience. NAOMI is an interfaith organization that builds power for change through congregational organizing. That being said I got to work with many different groups in conjunction with our Poverty, Treatment Instead of […]

More...

HPW Internship: Wausau Academy of Dance

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Wausau Academy of Dance

HPW Student Internship Experience – Brittany Penn Spring 17′ Interning at Wausau Academy of Dance was a wonderful experience for coordinating and implementing a wellness program for a site that has never had a wellness program. I was a part of the process from the beginning of creating what the program would look like for […]

More...

HPW Internship: Portage County-Wellness Committee

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Portage County-Wellness Committee

HPW Student Internship Perspective – Colleen Behrens 16′ Interning at Portage County of Wisconsin was a very interesting experience. Walking into an internship expecting some direction, and receiving none is very intimidating. However, being lucky enough to work with a co-intern made this intimidating experience not so intimidating. To begin, Kaitlyn and I printed out […]

More...

HPW Internship: Puyallup Wellness Center

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Puyallup Wellness Center

Overall Goal of Internship While interning at the Puyallup Wellness Center I had an incredible opportunity to learn and gain more knowledge within many different dimensions of wellness. Most of my time at the Wellness Center consisted of sitting in with the Naturopathic Doctors on the patient appointments. During this time I learned a vast […]

More...

HPW Internship: Full Circle Fitness and Massage

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Full Circle Fitness and Massage

HPW Student Internship Experience – David Hebert 15′ My internship at Full Circle Fitness & Massage was a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. Due to it being a very small business I got to experience a wide variety of duties. The main service provided at Full Circle is personal training and so I spent a […]

More...

HPW Internship: YMCA-Stevens Point, Wellness

Comments Off on HPW Internship: YMCA-Stevens Point, Wellness

Overall Goal of Internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how the Stevens Point Area YMCA provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create […]

More...

HPW Internship: City of Boulder

Comments Off on HPW Internship: City of Boulder

Overall Goal of internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how The City of Boulder provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community- sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create […]

More...

HPW Internship: It’s Time Texas

Comments Off on HPW Internship: It’s Time Texas

HPW Student Internship Experience – Alecia Ahrens Spring 17′ During my time at ITT, I was given many opportunities to interact with the community of Austin. I attended expos, taught after-school programs, and coordinated Choose Healthier Street Team. At the expos, I promoted It’s Time Texas and the health benefitting resources it provides for the […]

More...

HPW Internship: Aspirus Hospital-Medford

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Aspirus Hospital-Medford

Overall Goal of Internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create […]

More...

HPW Internship: Clean Water Action

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Clean Water Action

HPW Student Internship Experience – Cassandra Reissmann 16′ Being an intern at Clean Water Action is a motivating and challenging experience. The world of non-profit work is unique and presents new difficulties everyday. Whether it be racing to get budget or quickly learning about a new environmental campaign, I was presented in experiences that were […]

More...