Category Archives: Community

HPW Internship: YMCA of Dodge County

Comments Off on HPW Internship: YMCA of Dodge County

Overall Goal of Internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how the YMCA of Dodge County provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create […]

More...

HPW Internship: Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center

HPW Student Internship Experience – Matt Gerber 16′ Dress up dance parties, white water rafting, canoeing, kayaking, high ropes course, rock wall, rock climbing, and adaptive cycling. Interning at the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center (BOEC) will have you adapting all these activities and tailoring them to groups of individuals with disabilities. Since June I have […]

More...

HPW Internship: Plover Fire and Rescue

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Plover Fire and Rescue

HPW Student Internship Experience – Mitch Fromm 16′ The Plover Fire Department (PFD) is an internship ripe with opportunity to test new ideas, learn about the emergency services, and work directly with many members of the community. Some of the ongoing programs include the American Red Cross smoke detector drive, fire inspections, and fire safety […]

More...

HPW Internship: Oneida County Health Department

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Oneida County Health Department

Overall Goal of Internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how Oneida County Health Department provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create promotional […]

More...

HPW Internship: Central Rivers Farmshed

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Central Rivers Farmshed

HPW Student Internship Experience – Brody VanDeventer 16′ Interning at Central Rivers Farmshed has been both an exciting and rewarding experience. Working with Farmshed I have been able to meet and talk with so many community members and business, such as the National Wellness Institute (NWI) and Sentry. During the first few weeks I did […]

More...

HPW Internship: Elite Sports Club

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Elite Sports Club

Overall Goal of internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how Elite Sports Club provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create promotional and […]

More...

HPW Internship: Gundersen Health System-La Crosse

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Gundersen Health System-La Crosse

HPW Student Internship Experience – Marisa Newton Spring 17′ Interning at Gundersen Health System in the Community and Preventive Care Services department has been a great experience. I was able to gain experience in a number of different aspects of wellness. Some of the areas of focus I got the chance to help out with […]

More...

HPW Internship: YMCA-La Crosse

Comments Off on HPW Internship: YMCA-La Crosse

Overall Goal of internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how Interra Health provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create promotional and marketing […]

More...

HPW Internship: Zefit LLC

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Zefit LLC

Overall Goal of Internship At completion of this internship, the intern will gain an excellent understanding and knowledge of how Interra Health provides a variety of health and wellness programs to employees/community-sponsored events. The intern will gain experience in behavior change facilitation including Health Risk Assessment, intervention, and reassessment, and will create promotional and marketing […]

More...

HPW Internship: Ridge to Reef Farm

Comments Off on HPW Internship: Ridge to Reef Farm

HPW Student Internship Experience – Elissa Albert 15′ As an intern at Ridge to Reef farm I came in knowing next to nothing about how to farm. With eagerness and excitement, Farm Manager Andy Pac showed me the way. I began week to week shadowing one of the five farm hands and learning their part […]

More...